I am a teacher. I have been teaching EYs for over 15 years.
There is change ahead always and I know that we are expecting some early years reforms in TWO YEARS time but...
1. Why is the DFE asking me to be an early adopter of the early years reforms?
2. Why is the Local Authority bribing me to sign up and saying I will be exempt from moderation if I do as though that would be a good thing?
3. Why is an Ofsted representative sharing the link for me to join now!?
4. WHY ON EARTH is Ruth Miskin (of RWI phonics programme) emailing me to “get in first’?
Has the world gone mad?
The real questions to ask ourselves are:
1. WHY oh WHY would we risk de-skilling our staff by asking them to teach a different programme of study/curriculum to what we are teaching now OR will be teaching in two years time?!?!?!
2. We will be exempt from moderation only because they will not know HOW to moderate us!?
3. What about the children while we test out more curriculum reforms? Such risk of weaker cohorts since their early adopter curriculum is not supported by guidance, a framework, exemplification or evidence?
Do they think we are daft?
Do you have the answers?